I reached my 1 month mark last Friday which is really strange because it feels like Iv'e only been out for 2 weeks. The days just fly by here, its absolutely bizarre. But anyways, this week was very successful!
We were able to get 2 less active members to come to church last Sunday and our investigator Curtis came too. He said that he really enjoyed it and wants to come back next week. The members here are very good at fellowshipping, it seemed like everybody came up to him and made him feel welcome. We had a lesson with him last Thursday and taught him the Plan of Salvation. Everything we teach him he believes and he also has no problem with the word of wisdom and the Law of Chastity. This guy is golden! After the lesson we asked him to be baptized and he said YES!!! We set the baptismal date for November 16th! I am so excited! It's hard to believe it's only been 1 month and we already have a baptismal date set for an investigator. Please continue to pray for him, that he will follow through with this.
We also have another investigator as well, however she is a little bit more difficult. I don't know if I already told you about her, but her name is Amy Hou. She is 25, she travels the world for wrestling, and she has absolutely no religious background whatsoever. She didn't even know anything about Jesus Christ, so we had to teach her all about the Godhead. She always believed that there was a higher power out there, however her parents never taught her much, and when she moved to the States we were the first religion she had ever encountered.
Anyways, we taught her the first vision the other day and invited her to be baptized afterwards. she turned us down, and said that she wanted to investigate other churches before she just jumps into one, which is understandable I guess standing in her shoes. We told her that she totally should, but do so prayerfully and ask for Heavenly Father's guidance. Pray for her as well, that she will be guided by the spirit as she searches.
That's pretty much the exciting things that had happened this week. It's my first baptism as well as my Trainer's first too! :) We are so excited! I hope all of you are doing well and I will continue to pray for you each night. Love you all!
Elder Greer
No comments:
Post a Comment