I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This week was pretty unsuccessful mostly though because of Thanksgiving, and everybody was either out of town, or just didn't want us to bother them during this time of year. However, This week has been extremely fun though! :)
Let me start off with Thanksgiving day! Thursday was like a P-day on steroids (for lack of a better term haha), but our day started off with football. Since our Ward didn't have a turkey bowl going on, we were invited to play with our zone leaders ward. We played for 3 hours, and there were so many people there, we had to split it up into 3 different games. It was seriously so much fun, and my companion was really happy he got to play football. He played rugby in college and is really good at it. Since football is pretty similar to the sport, he was the happiest guy that day, haha.
After that, we hung out in our district leader's apartment until we had to go to our thanksgiving lunches. I had thanksgiving lunch at 2 with the member I am staying with, Sister Gallegos, and her family. There were at least 25 people jam packed in her tiny house, but it was super fun. Sooooo much food, I was stuffed haha.
After that we went to my favorite members house, the Campanellas, and we watched Despicable Me with them! :) Now, I know what your thinking, "What? He can watch movies on his mission???", I was pretty surprised myself at first. It says in our policy and guidelines packet, that on Thanksgiving and Christmas we are allowed to watch any two G or PG commercial movies. I was so excited about this, but that could possibly change next year when we get our new mission president.
Anyways, afterwards we played basketball with a bunch of other missionaries. We play basketball so much here! At least twice a week we play. And, I am thoroughly convinced, that by the end of my mission, I am going to be amazingly good at basketball haha. Anyways, we finished basketball at 9 and then went back home, it was such a fun day! I had such a great Thanksgiving, even though it was weird without my family there.
As far as the missionary work goes, this week was horrible haha. We did however, get to see our investigator Curtis a couple times. We gave him a blessing, after he got his surgery, and I think he really felt the spirit during it. But we saw him a couple days later, and he just seemed like he had gotten worse :/ Poor guy had to get a bunch of shots on Saturday, and he said he wouldn't be able to make it out to church this Sunday :/ My companion and I fasted and prayed for him this Sunday, so I really hope that works and he gets better soon. He has a couple more surgeries he has to go through though, so please keep him in your prayers.
We tried to visit a bunch of less actives this week, but we didn't have much luck. We tracted too, but no one was interested in our message. So yeah, as far as the week goes, not very good. But we did find out for the past month we did awesome! 19 Less actives came back to church this month! My companion and I were so excited about that!
Anyways, thats really all I have to report. I'm sure this week will be better and I will keep you posted on our investigator! I hope All is well! I love and miss you all!
Elder Greer
No comments:
Post a Comment