Monday, June 2, 2014

Hey Everybody! (Week 34 In The Field)

This past week has been one of our most successful weeks we have had in this transfer! We were able to see a few less actives, former investigators and current investigators. I guess I should start off this letter with the not so good news though. Cheryl will not be getting baptized on June 7th, it is being postponed to another day. Our Bishop will be the one that will have to set the date for her to be baptized. However, she still has a desire to be baptized and come closer to the Savior. We will still work with her and see her as much as possible, we just cant set the baptismal date for her.

Oh and I guess I got one more sad thing to tell you. We found out our other investigator, Ashley Maez, will be moving sometime in the end of June, don't know when. We haven't been able to see her lately, but hopefully tomorrow we can visit with her and set a baptismal date for her before she moves. I figured I would get all the sad news out of the way so I can tell you about the good stuff now. :)

So on Wednesday we had dinner with sister Vance and she made really good enchiladas for us! My second cousin was right, she does make the best!  On Friday our whole zone of 20 missionaries were able to attend Mannassa's youth conference! It was so much fun. The youth was split into 2 groups so we did also, and attended the classes that they had.

After, we all gathered back together in the gym and then each ward in the stake performed a skit based off a scripture. They all weren't very good, but we ended up getting a pretty good laugh out of it. Then the youth split into 5 groups, as well as the missionaries, and we went outside to play games. I was at the kick ball station the whole time which was a lot of fun. Been a while since I've played kick ball. After that we had dinner, they fed us tacos, and the youth prepared for a dance. We had to leave before the dance started but we all had a good time. :)

On Saturday we got a lot of things done. Saw a couple less actives with our ward mission leader. Things just go a lot better when members attend with you to the lessons. And we ran into a former investigator, and set up a return appointment for Wednesday! I am so excited! :)

Anyways those were the highlights of the week. Hopefully this coming week goes just as good if not better! I love you all and want you know know that I am loving it out here. Being a missionary is the best calling you could ever have! :)

Have a good week everybody and remember to thank the Lord for all the tender mercies he will give you this coming week.

Elder Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment