Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day! (Week 83 In The Field)

This past week has been amazing!

So many good things have happened. I got to Skype the best family in the whole world! I love you guys so much. Especially you Mom, I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day. You are the best Mom someone could ever ask for, and I am so thankful for everything that you do for me and the amazing example you are in my life. I learned so much from you, that I am going to try to keep for the rest of my life. Thank you Mom, for being example that you are to me and being so good to me, even though I was a stupid kid sometimes. I love you so much!

So this past week we were able to meet with our investigator Scott, and finish teaching him the commandments. He is doing super well, and I'm sure his baptism will go through Thursday. Ethan, however, will not be happening this week, because Friday won't work for his Dad, and he really wants his Dad to be there and support him on his special day. So please keep him in your prayers.

Vern dropped us. :/ He said he wants to stick to his own religion, because that's what he grew up on and what he feels is best. We were really sad, but I am glad he told us that finally, because we have been visiting with him and no progression was happening.

However, we did get a new investigator, Bob. He is a single, 50 year old man, and he is just the nicest guy. We went over there a couple days ago and we had a good discussion on the plan of salvation, and we bore powerful testimonies of the Book of Mormon. He said he really wants to change his life around, and figure out what God has in store for him. We will be meeting again with him soon.

We also met with our progressing less active Holly. She has been coming to church 3 weeks in a row now, and she is doing great. We think that she will eventually end up making it to the temple soon. We also met with a new less active that we will be working with named Maggie. She has a Word of Wisdom issue, but we are going to meet with her to help her get over her addiction. She is a very sweet lady, and really has a desire to go to the temple as well.

So, that's the news with everyone we are working with. In other news, this Saturday we will be meeting with Jeffery R. Holland, and I am super excited and nervous at the same time. I have been practicing my song, and I think I am ready to sing. :)

Anyways, I hope you all had an amazing Mother's Day! I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Elder Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment