This week was pretty eventful. We got to do 3 service projects. One of them we helped landscape a lady's yard for one of the other elder's investigator. The other 2 were also actually landscaping, we laid top soil on one day for a member in his back yard, moving into a new house that he's been working on for a while. Then the next day we laid sod. They were some tough projects. Some of the sod was super dried out, so that made it harder to lay without breaking it. It's nice because you learn a lot of skills on a mission. I think I might be able to help anybody with anything now. Okay maybe not anything, but I definitely picked up a few things on the way.
We taught this past week, one of our progressing less actives. we discussed with her the trials she needs to overcome in order to go to the temple. We helped her understand the importance of tithing and how that it is an act of faith. You just need to trust that the Lord is going to provide for you if you put him first and give him 10 percent of what you earn. 10 percent really isn't all that much when the Lord has given you everything you have! But I can understand why its tough for people who are financially struggling. But she committed that she is going to pay her tithing and show the Lord a little more faith. She is awesome and is progressing a lot.
We are also working with a dis-fellowshipped member. He is progressing a lot as well, and is doing everything he needs to do in order to get back in full fellowship. He's an awesome guy!
The only hard thing is right now with the work, is that everyone is out of town and doing stuff for the summer, so like almost everyone we are working with isn't home. But this past week hasn't been so bad.
Oh! So this Wednesday I will be giving my departing testimony in zone conference. I can't believe the time has come already but here it is. Haha everyone says that in their departing testimony it's so annoying, so I am not going to do that.
Well I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love and miss you all! :)
Elder Greer
Elder Guerrerro Spicy Wing Challenge
Random: Dominos delivery in Sonic drive through :)


No comments:
Post a Comment