These past couple of weeks have been kept pretty busy with the Holidays, and there were two Elders in our district whose birthday's were the 8th and the 9th. My companion was one of them, he just turned 20, as well as one of the Spanish Elders. So we had a pretty good time celebrating those this past week! And not only that, but my Birthday will be here pretty soon, so I am pretty excited to turn the big 21! :) Dang, I am getting old.
We also celebrated the 4th of July with a member in our ward and our district of missionaries, got to grill some hamburgers, eat some chips and watch fireworks blow up! :) It was a pretty good past couple of weeks!
We also got to do some more of the Just Serve projects as well. We continued to do some more of the Habitat for Humanity building, an adobe home. The group that was here this past week was a group of college students from California,and they were an awesome group of kids, made me really look forward to the friends I will be making when I go to college. We painted and layed brick for the wall of the home that we are building, it is coming so far since we first started working on it. It was another neat opportunity because of the questions that they have and the chance we get to answer them and share more about what we believe!
We got to teach a lot this week. We had dinner with a part member family, she's a less active and he's a non member, but he has been coming to church a lot more frequently and is really enjoying it. He hasn't agreed to take the discussions yet, but I think he is getting really close to allowing us to teach him about the restored gospel.
We also met with 2 less actives and had great lessons with them, and one of them came to church for the first time ever since I got here, that was awesome! :)
I know that the gospel can change lives for the better as long as we are willing to do the things that our Father in Heaven has asked of us to do. We have to show our Heavenly Father our faith and act on it, not to just believe, but to do as well. It will make us happier, and it will make Heavenly Father happy too. :) I know that blessings will come when we show our faith, I have seen it in my life, and I have seen it in the lives of the people I have been able to work with on my mission. :) I know that this Church is true and I wanna let you know that I have a firm testimony in our Savior. I am thankful for the things I have learned on my mission, and I wouldn't ever change that for anything. It's sad to see it coming to a close, but I will be eternally thankful for the friends I have made out here, and the things I was able to accomplish through the Lord.
I love and miss you all and can't wait to see you here soon! :) Have an awesome week!



No comments:
Post a Comment