Anyways, I wanna wish everyone a happy thanksgiving, I hope y'all's thanksgiving was just as amazing as mine! :) So for thanksgiving at 8 in the morning our ward had a turkey bowl combined with another ward. That was a lot of fun, I dressed though, as if it were going to be 40 degrees outside, and oh man to my surprise it was not. It was in the 60s and when we started playing, I got so hot, so I took off my sweater but I was still wearing jeans, so that didnt help very much haha. Out of all the guys that showed up, I was the only one in jeans, so the guys joked around about that a few times, but then I started doing really good and they were all like oh man, the jeans must be helping and making him better! Haha, it was a lot of fun, first time I've played football in a few months, and I was doing pretty good.
After, we had thanksgiving lunch with one of the members in our ward, which was awesome!! I ate way too much food haha. After the dinner, we shared a thought on the atonement of Christ and both shared our testimony and how thankful we were for Christ's sacrifice and what it's meant for us in our lives.
After that, we went to our bishops house and watched Elf because we are allowed to watch one movie for thanksgiving and Christmas that is G or PG. Oh man I forgot how funny that movie was, I was laughing like the whole time, it was kind of embarrassing because bishop had his whole family there and I was like the only one laughing that much. But anyways, that was fun, then after we played settlers of catan with his family and we played with an expansion pack, which made the game a whole lot more interesting. And that was the end of our thanksgiving, hope you all had a good thanksgiving too. :)
As far as teaching went this past week, most of our appointments fell through probably because of the holidays. But this next week should be really good because the brethren started this new initiative called the "He is the Gift" initiative. They have given us a bunch of pass along cards they want us to hand out before Christmas, and we are actually going to have a new statistic we have to report on the number of investigators we find through this initiative. Its a big deal.You can watch the video on the website http://christmas.mormon.org so check that out whenever you all get the chance, it is an amazing video that just reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.
On December 7th the church will take over YouTube's home page to advertise this video and they will be the only advertisers on the front page of YouTube until after Christmas. They are expecting big things to come from this so I am excited! Please Share this video with all your friends. I can't wait to see all the good that comes out of this. :)
Oh I forgot to tell you, it's the beginning of a new transfer and we received news this past Saturday that both us will be staying. I am excited to see what good thing are going to come out of this next transfer! :) Anyways, sorry this is so short but I just want to end by saying how thankful I am to be a missionary and to help in this great work. I am thankful for my family and the wonderful example they are to me, I love them so much and cant wait to be reunited with them again soon.
Oh shout out to my brother Tyler, its his birthday this week, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!!! Hope its a good one. :)
Love you! I'll send you something this week! I guess I will end by saying how thankful I am for the Savior and His atonement. I have gained a deeper understanding of it and know that it is the most important gift that we have been given. I have a testimony of its infinite power and I know that when we actually apply it in our lives we will be much happier.
I love and miss you all so much and hope you all have an amazing week this coming week!
Elder Greer
Paper Nativity Set that we sent him!





No comments:
Post a Comment