Monday, December 22, 2014

Sick Week (Literally) - (Week 63 In The Field)

So unfortunately I came down with a pretty bad cold this past week, so I had to take it slow a couple of days. But, on the bright side I feel a lot better now! :) So that's good because Christmas is coming up and nobody wants to be sick on Christmas.

However, for the days that we did go out and work, we worked our tails off trying to pass out as many He Is The Gift pass along cards as possible. You would think people would be more willing to accept a pass along card than anything else. We have to pass out 10 a day, and it is hard! We will go out knocking doors and people will refuse to even accept a harmless card that has a harmless link to a video on it. Haha it is what it is. As long as we do our best to try to share this great message we have to others.

My companion and I yesterday said to each other, "Alright, today we WILL pass out 10 cards." So we knocked doors and ITL'ed right after church until it got dark. And we actually managed to do it! We passed out 10! :D We figured we should try our best to do that because Christmas is right around the corner and we won't really have much more time to pass them out anymore. This week is gonna be booked. Well, at least till after Christmas. Oh by the way, for those that don't know, ITL stands for Invite To Learn. So when you ITL someone, basically it's just street contacting. Talking to someone cleaning up the yard, washing the car, putting up Christmas lights, whatever they may be doing outside of their home. It's my favorite form of finding because you could just walk up and ask if they need any help. Usually they say no, but they are pretty surprised when you offer help and then they become more friendly to talk to haha.

Oh, our appointment with our investigator fell through this week, not surprised, but hopefully we can set one up again. We may have a new investigator coming up shortly though!  This couple investigated the church a while back but stopped because their son disowned them. However it's looking like they wanna meet with us again so we are super excited! :) I'll keep you updated on that.

Sorry this letter is going to be shorter than normal. Because of my sickness, we weren't able to do much. Oh and I forgot, Christmas day is my 15 month mark! I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! Don't forget why we really celebrate Christmas. Always remember him this special day and throughout the year. He is the greatest gift that was ever given to us, and I am so thankful for him and all he has done for us. I am so thankful to be his servant at this time to help his children come to the knowledge of the fullness of the gospel. I know He lives and loves every single one of us. :) Don't forget him on this special day. Remember him in every thought.

Love,

Elder Greer

#ShareTheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment