Monday, January 12, 2015

I'm Transferring (Week 66 In The Field)

Well it is official, I cannot explain to all of you how excited I am to be transferred! I am going to the Pueblo stake, in a small town called Rye. I was told by many missionaries that it is the best place to serve. I am super excited and I heard it's an absolutely beautiful place. I know that there is a pretty decent sized ward there, and I cover a bunch of area, oh and I get to drive a truck! :) Gosh, this is going to be great, I cannot wait to tell you how I'm doing next week and what it's like.

My current companion, Elder Seymour, will be staying here and finishing his mission here. He's super excited about that, and his new companion is like his best friend in the mission, so that will be good for him. I have really enjoyed serving here in the North Colorado Springs stake in the Cordera and Briargate wards. I will really miss the people here, I know that the Lord called me to these specific places for a reason and I definitely can see why. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in Rye.

Anyways, this past week has been pretty good. The weather was super strange though, it was warm Tuesday, then snowed Wednesday, than was warm on Thursday and then cold the next and it was just that weird pattern haha. We had a great lesson with our investigator Shawn on Tuesday, we finished teaching him the restoration. I can definitely see he's more interested in what we believe now, and he's been asking a bunch of questions. However he is still not converted, hopefully he accepts our invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and what we taught. He is such a great man and deserves to have this wonderful gospel in his life.

After, we did service and taught him, he kidnapped us and took us to Costco. Its been a while since I've been there, I love that place. I was able to get some lunch there too. :) There we ITL'ed a lady, she wasn't super interested but she accepted a Mormon.org card and said she would look into it. Not too much else happened this week, we had zone training this week and our zone leaders gave a great lesson on how we need to not put ourselves down for our weaknesses, but how to rely on the Lord to give us help to make those weaknesses into strengths.

Saturday night was great because that's when I found out I was going, however I didn't know where yet, so I was just dying to find out, I thought I was never going to make it to Monday haha.

Sunday was our most eventful day though. We had meetings all morning and then Church at 12. After Church we decided we were going to work hard for our last days together. So we decided to go tracting and it was the best tracting experience I have had in a while. We placed 3 book of Mormons, the first 3 houses we knocked. Not much came out of it, but we really felt great after doing it.

After that we had a stake stand and report meeting, where all the bishops report how well they did missionary work wise the past year, that was cool because we got to see President Rehm. Wasn't expecting him to be there haha. After the meeting I tried to get him to tell me where I was going but he refused haha. I was pretty jealous though, because the other Elder Greer who was there, and found out he was being transferred, also asked President if he was staying within zone and president told him that he was and that he was just moving to a different YSA ward. In my head, I was like come on that's not fair that he told him early but wouldn't tell me, but that's okay the suspense was pretty fun. :) Anyways, not much else to report. cannot wait to tell you about my new area. :)

I have learned so much this past transfer, I cannot even explain. I know that the Lord answers prayers and blesses you when you are diligent. I was studying in the book of Alma the other day and I just wanna close out with this one scripture Alma Chapter 34 verse 32;

  For behold this life is a time for Men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." 

I know that God has a work for me to do, and I know that I must be diligent and work hard in my new area. This is the greatest work I have ever seen, and I know that it is true. This is the Lord's holy work and we all need to be a part of it. I am so thankful to be on a mission, I have learned so much out here I can't even express to you all the things I have learned. I have learned you cannot afford to not go on a mission. It's the best thing that we can do, and after all, the Lord has done everything for us so it only makes sense to dedicate 2 years, giving back to him. :) My testimony has truly grown out here. I know that this is Christ's true church. I'm more sure than I have ever been. I love and miss you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Greer

P.s. Don't send me any mail until I get my new address. I'll send that out next week to everyone :)

Transfers!

No comments:

Post a Comment