Well, it has been a great week celebrating the best thing
that has ever happened in the world. The resurrection of our Lord and
Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for that, because now we will all
be resurrected and receive a perfect and Glorified body. #BecauseOfHim
we all will conquer the grave and live in our Father in heaven's
presence and with our families for Eternity. For those of you who
haven't seen the video our Church put out, it is really good, and I
encourage you to watch it:
Here is the link; http://www.mormon.org/easter
As our thoughts and our hearts our all turned towards the Savior during this Easter weekend, we had the privilege Saturday and Sunday
to hear from our modern day Prophets and Apostles, as they bore witness of
Christ's everlasting love and mercy towards us as his children. I am so
thankful to be reminded by them, that He lives and that He loves every
single one of us. The council they gave this General Conference was
awesome!
I learned a lot on the importance of Christ's mission while he
was on the earth, and what we need to be doing to become better saints
and emulate him more in our life. If you missed any sessions, I would
encourage you to watch them, they were so good.
This past week has truly
been great. We got to see all our investigators. We are going to have
to postpone Ethan Gomez's baptism due to the fact that we still need to
teach him the last lesson, and he needs to show a little more commitment
on coming to church. But he knows it is true, and is ready to receive
this essential saving ordinance. He is an amazing kid and I am super
excited for him to enter into the Lord's kingdom.
We saw Vern too, and
told him the importance of being baptized by one with proper authority,
and told him that we are the only church that holds that. So we think he
understands now, so next we just need to help him gain a testimony of
Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.
We also saw Ivy and reminded her
that she doesn't have to be scared of baptism. And tried to comfort her
as much as we can. She is so ready! And knows everything is true. A
member asked us to tell her next time why see her, would the Lord really
let you drown on the most important day of your life? So next time we
see her, we are going to ask her that. :)
Craig told us that he's not
ready to investigate just yet, but he is willing to have us over and read
the Book of Mormon with him, so we are doing that.
But everything is
great with me! I hope you all had a great Easter. I love you all, and
hope you have an amazing upcoming week!
Elder Greer
No comments:
Post a Comment