Monday, April 27, 2015

Interviews (Week 81 In The Field)

So this past week was pretty eventful due to the fact that we had interviews with our President on Wednesday. That went really well, in my interview President told me about my upcoming song I will have to sing in front of Elder Holland on May 15th. I found out that I will only be singing with 3 other missionaries! And another missionary on the piano. I am so nervous now haha. I'm the only tenor. :/ It's gonna be me and another elder, and 2 sisters. 

I also found out that President Rehm had to ask Jeffery R Holland's approval for everything that's happening. Who plays piano, who sings, who says the opening prayer, etc. President sent him mine and the other missionaries names, just elder or sister and our last names and Elder Holland responded to President saying he wants first names with it. I thought that was so cool! So things just got more serious. I need to practice a lot more to be prepared for this in just 2 weeks. 

Well, that's the biggest update. Ethan will be getting baptized on Friday, so we need to do a little more preparing for that this week. Please pray that his baptism will go through. 

We met with our other new investigator Scott on Tuesday and that was another amazing lesson. Once again, the spirit was super strong and we think he is progressing super fast for baptism. :) His is scheduled for May 15th. So please keep him in your prayers. He is a super nice kid, and is really trying to change his life around. 

We also started working with a new less active, her name is Holly Bond. We had an amazing lesson with her and a member yesterday after lunch. She is really trying to change her life around as well, and this past Sunday was the first Sunday she's come to church in a while. The spirit was super strong in the lesson, and I felt impressed to ask her if she would like a blessing, and tears just started flowing out of her eyes, and she said she would really like that. She is a super nice lady, and she is a single Mom supporting 2 kids. Please keep her in your prayers as well. 

So the week ended kinda terrible, because Sunday night I started to feel sick and ended up throwing up 4 times, but I feel a lot better today! :) My companion gave me a blessing, so I think that helped a lot. 

Today Elder Zaugg woke up and he wanted cereal, but his milk had tons of Ice in it. So he was super mad about that. So jokingly, I said that he should pray and ask for his milk to be un-iced. Well he did, and seriously immediately after his prayer he shook his milk and you could hear the ice just start to melt away as he was shaking it. It was crazy like 5 seconds later the ice completely disappears. So please note that the power of prayer works for even the littlest of things haha. 

Anyways, that was my week! Hope you all have an amazing week yourselves. I love you all and miss you! :)

Elder Greer

No comments:

Post a Comment