Monday, January 27, 2014

4 Months In! (Week 16 In The Field)

So this week was very short, due to a late p day, but it was a very productive week!

So, my companion and I decided we wanted to visit all the former investigators in our area book, to see if they might be interested again. We spent a good amount of time on Wednesday tracking down these people, but they had either moved, were still not interested, or just not home. Kinda a let down, but that's the life of a missionary haha.

However, we did have luck with one, his name is John Rendin. We went to his door, talked with him for a good 15 minutes and he said he would like to sit down with us this coming week! He's a super cool guy, and very friendly, which is rare haha. Hopefully we can meet with him sometime this Friday.

On Thursday we went to see our investigator Curtis, with a member in our ward named brother Tullos. Turns out he doesn't have to go through surgery after all! He was so excited about that, however he still has to do eye surgery, which shouldn't be too bad.

After we met with him, we had to do our grocery shopping, and then we went to a place called ultimate buffet. Boy did I stuff myself, which probably wasn't smart because we had dinner with our ward mission leader at 4 30. Either way, ate like a champ that day haha.

After dinner we went with another member in our ward named brother Osorio, to give a blessing to one of his non-member friends. That was such a spiritual experience, and missionary experience as well. :) I think we will be seeing her at church real soon, and maybe we can teach her the lessons as well!

On Friday we had district meeting which is always a blast, I am seriously convinced I have the best district in the mission. Missionary work on Friday was pretty unsuccessful, however we had an awesome dinner with a Fijian guy named Arvin. That was seriously the best dinner I have had in a while! He made kalua pig, which is a Hawaiian dish. He served that with the BEST curry I had ever had in my life! I don't think I will ever have a dinner that good in a while.

Saturday was a crazy day! In the morning we decided to go tracking and through that we picked up a new investigator named Phillip Fanders! He is super interested in our church, and we have an appointment to teach him the first lesson on Saturday! Wish us luck, we are super excited about it.

Anyways, after that we went out with a priest after, and he had a blast. Unfortunately we got to see a dog get hit by a Comcast car and the people were freaking out. Not really much we could have done to help so we went on our way, because we had limited time with Amik (the priest). We visited a less active, went tracking, and he placed a book of Mormon! We had such a great time, it reminded me of when I went out with the missionaries, always such a good time!

On Sunday, we had church at 1 to 4, and after we went with Sister Gallegos to have dinner with her family up in Falcon which was like 30 minutes away. We had such a great time, it reminded me so much of our family Sunday dinners back at home! Family, food, laughter, jokes, and music.  Couldn't have asked for a better evening. :)

Anyways that was my week! I hope you all had a good week as well, I love you all and miss every one of you! Have a great week!

Elder Greer

"For salvation cometh to none such except it be through repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ." -Mosiah 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment